Bukit Bauk Jogging Track - Jungle Hike

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

In my previous post, I told you about the Bukit Bauk Jogging Track and how awesome it is to jog on its tarred tracks... Well, today, after work, a few minutes after I started jogging there, I discovered that there's actually a jungle route that can be taken if you're in the mood for hiking instead of jogging... 






As you can see in the picture, the trails are quite obvious and easy to spot because people go through them everyday... There are also signs like tapes wrapped around tree trunks to indicate the right paths... So, you won't have to worry about getting lost... Even if you got lost, the jungle is not that thick and it's not far from the tarred jogging tracks...

By wearing appropriate shoes, you would have no problem hiking because even though the routes are not tarred, there are so many roots and slender trees to hold on to... 

Jungle trekking here is definitely more challenging than jogging because there are so many climbs... The higher you lift your knees, the more energy you spend... 

This is my first time hiking here and I partly regretted it because it's so damn tiring... but seeing some uncles and older people hiking without having to stop to catch their breath was rather motivating... I lost to them today but I promise myself that someday I would be like them... Healthy and full with stamina!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I would prefer to use the jungle track as well. So much more interesting and you get to be closer to nature. Bukit Bauk seems to be a great place, with a real interesting forest, and I hope it will continue to be preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place but i hope danger for jogging. but i like this Jogging track

    ReplyDelete