Paramore by Paramore (2013)

Thursday, April 18, 2013


It's rather hard to classify what genre Paramore belongs to... Are they punk rock? Are they pop alternative? Are they indie? Well, the release of their new self-titled album on 5th April 2013 made it much harder to figure their genre because of its diversity...

Besides their usual fast rocking tracks like Now and Fast in My Car, Paramore treated listeners with gospel with Ain't It Fun, pop with Still into You, slow sweet ballad with Hate to See Your Heart Break and a few other genres... 

"Wait, did you just mentioned gospel????"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen... Paramore has a gospel track now... 

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with the album when I first heard it... I mean, I was expecting fast rocking track with Hayley screaming and all that shit... 

However, after about two weeks listening to it again and again, the album just grew into me... Now I'm loving the gospel track, Ain't It Fun, and enjoy the melodramatic mood that Hate to See Your Heart Break brings... The song that I often put on repeat is Still Into You because, for me, it's the cutest song ever... Another song that I love is (One of Those) Crazy Girls as the lyrics are pretty disturbing... 

One other complain that I would like to express about this album is that the lyrics are not deep enough... Contrary to their past albums, this one is more straight forward and there are so many repetitive verses... You see, the strong reason why I love the past albums is because the lyrics are filled with puns and deep twists of words... I think this is one of the side effects of not having the Farro brothers with them... 

Regardless of that, this new album won Paramore their first number one debut album! Check it out here :
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1705885/paramore-album-number-1.jhtml

I guess the diversity in this album won them more fans! 

In my opinion, this particular album is self-titled because Paramore wants their fans to know, this is us! This is the real Paramore! and from their songs, I can decipher that the bitterness is gone... Paramore is happy now (or trying to be) and you can obviously see it in their new music video, Still Into You... 


Look at how cheeky they are... No more being serious and bitter and hating the world... They just wanna have fun! 



All in all, for me, Paramore is not an album that I can fall in love with a single hearing unlike their past ones... I needed time to absorb its richness... but now that it grew into me, I can't stop listening to it again and again and again! 

Though I hope that they would stress more on the quality of lyrics and come up with more fast tracks in the future... I also hope there would be no more inner conflicts and maybe they could get Josh and Zac Farro back in... :-)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments